EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH
All resumes to be submitted via email to: email@example.com
All submissions must be received by February 15, 2018
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Executive Director is the public face and driving force of The Deep Well Project. The individual constantly communicates the vision and goals of Deep Well to all constituents: clients, volunteers, and donors. The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors for carrying out the policies of Deep Well, making recommendations to the Board regarding changes on policies or other matters, managing the work and expenses of the organization, and supervising the day to day operations. The Executive Director should have an extensive knowledge of our community; well developed communications skills; and a passion for improving the lives of the elderly, disabled, and working poor in our community.
- Oversees all financials to ensure that financial policies are followed. Signs off on every check request and invoice. Produces the yearly budget with the help of the treasurer. Writes checks in absence of bookkeeper.
- Building maintenance and repairs
- Audit, tax returns, government reports
- Personnel records and reviews
- Ensure that all grants are produced correctly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all grant reports are done in a correct and timely manner.
- Looks for new funding sources.
- Oversees the Island Packet Campaign. Writes stores of those we help.
- Oversees the yearly endowment campaign mailing.
PR and Community Outreach
- Ensures that every donor is thanked in a timely manner.
- Attends community and grantor functions. Tells the Deep Well story.
- Maintains liaison with other agencies for the purpose of referrals and avoiding duplication of services.
- Seeks new audiences to tell the Deep Well story, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, and recruiting new volunteers and donors.
Deep Well Programs
Oversees programs and makes sure they are adhering to the Deep Well policies:
- Food and furniture
- Financial Assistance - Client rent, utilities, medicine, etc. May make decisions on financil assistance as needed.
- Children's Program
- Holiday Programs
- Livable Housing
Board of Directors Interaction
- The Director is required to attend all the committee meetings to obtain a knowledge of their work.
- The Director is required to attend to any request made of her (him) by Board members.
- The Director produces a report to present at monthly Board meetings.
Statistics and Reports
- Keeps monthly statistics on services provided.
- Keeps annual statistics on services provided.
- Oversees reports of special programs and meetings - Children's program, Holidays, Volunteer party, volunteer meetings.
Oversees volunteer recruitment.
Oversees the volunteer meetings.
- Sets agenda.
- Arranges for food.
- Oversees yearly volunteer appreciation party.